The rock sections provide a range of lines, from super easy to pretty darn tricky. Glenn Bell, owner of Bitterbrush Cycles, tests out the course.
- More super-pro jump shaping thanks to Brandan.
- Left Hand will start building the technical climb/descent.
- Start placing the various jumps and rollers, as well as the pump track.
Massive dig/ride session. Most of the dirt should be placed. I hope we’ll be doing final shaping and testing.
- We’ll start at 9 a.m. and go all day. Bring any tools you have: shovel, metal rake, tampers, McCleods, skid steerers … helicopter parking is available.
- Bring your bike!!! We need to burn in the lines, my friends. The rock lines are rideable now; the trick jumps will be ready tomorrow.
- Lyons Bike Park is right next to Bohn Park in Lyons. Google map.
Mega huge thanks to
The growing list of rock stars: Doug, Jake and Scooter from Left Hand Excavating; Raul from Blue Mountain Stone; parks director Dave Cosgrove and the entire Lyons work crew; Glenn from Bitterbrush Cycles; Brandan Turman; Brian, John, Dominic from the Yellow Designs Stunt Team; Sam, Chad, Nick, Ian, the list goes on … and The Wife, who brought me lunch and looked hot.
For something like this, you need equipment and love. And we have both.